Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where Are Your Manners?

Our current lease is up May 1. Now we are in a position to house hunt for the perfect little house for us. We might be living in it BTW. But you know JD, he loves to look. So, Colin and I are scouting this house that we're sort of interested in. We've looked in all the windows, we've walked around it, sneaked into the gate, peered in as much as possible without going in. Finally, I call JD to give him my take on the place and he's still in a meeting. He said, "I'll call you right back." Okay. We'll just drive around it again, and sit in the driveway until he calls. I didn't want to leave because my memory will be much better to download details to JD if I'm still looking at the place. (Forgot the camera again.) Anyway, as we're about to pull out of the driveway, a car pulls up and parks on the street across from the house. Nice enough guy, waved to us as we backed out the driveway. I decide to cruise the neighborhood one more time and hope JD calls soon. I started to feel a little uneasy just hanging about uninvited. As we get back to the house, JD has called, I'm giving him my take on the place and I notice the guy coming out of the house and he's now put on a lockbox. Must be the owner or a realtor. I tell JD this and he says to see if we can look inside. So I go flag the guy down and ask if he's the owner and he says yes and I ask if we can look and he says yes and so we do.

We've been inside the house now for about 15 minutes, looked at several things, talked about the back yard, the front door, the big entry, the paint colors, the landscaping, etc. We go upstairs and I mention that JD, my husband, will probably want to look at the place. Colin, who never misses a thing, chimed in, "Her name is Celeste." Ummm, oh, yeah, my manners. This is when we (the guy and I) exchange names and shake hands. Seems like neither of us brought our manners that day.

Where are my manners!? Sad little situation when one day I'm bragging on my kid because he said, "Yes Mam." unprompted and yet it takes the same kid to remind me that I'm supposed to introduce myself to new people. Can teach it but can't learn? Pathetic.

After the guy left, JD caught up with us and we repeated our stalking of the house. We decided it wasn't the house for us.

2 comments:

Andi and Michael said...

Which house was it?

The Craftypigs said...

A house in Wood Ranch....not for you either. Promise.