Monday, April 21, 2008

Kathi

June 3, 1974 - April 21, 2005

Today I remember my dear friend Kathi. Three years ago she went home by way of a tragic car accident. Finally, I can remember her without crying. Sometimes I see things that make me laugh and I think, "Kathi would've loved that." Sometimes, I think she's just played a joke and I get it and give her credit. But the past few days I've been thinking of her with many quiet tears. I find myself envious of God because he has her now. I miss her. I will always miss her. She was a person who filled a room when she entered. Her laughter was contagious. Her heart was warm and always open to new comers. She embraced me as a friend and kept me in a tight hug from then on. Her spirit was genuine and true. Her love was loud and big and wonderful. She looked for the good in everyone. She forgave over and over and always expected people to change to be better. She was good and honest, faithful and compassionate. I miss her humor. I miss her voice. I miss her smile. I miss her friendship. I miss her hugs. I just miss her. I can't explain the void that's always there but I can say I'm so grateful to my friends who have built a fence around the hole in my heart so I don't fall in.

To Kathi. May we learn something from her life. Let your love be loud and big and open and wonderful!

6 comments:

Andi and Michael said...

To Kathi.
We are forever blessed for the impact you left on Celeste's life.
Hugs

Kim and JD said...

Love you girl, thinking of you today.

Unknown said...

Love you too girl!!!!

Don said...

Apparently Kristi hasn't read this yet, or there would be tear-stained comments on here.

I never really got to know Kathi that well, but from all the amazing stories I've heard all of you tell, she was certainly an extraordinary woman.

Thanks for sharing your post about her.

Diane Davis said...

this is a lovely post. the picture of her is beautiful too.

i also lost a best friend and high school and blogged about it last year. it was cathartic to remember.

http://msdianedavis.blogspot.com/2007/11/remembering-carrie_03.html

Anonymous said...

C -

Looks like her legacy lives on through you. Thanks for sharing Kathi with us...love to you!

L