Saturday, April 5, 2008

Can't Believe I Just Said That and Magic Goggles

Today I had one of those, "Can't believe I just said that" moments. I think this might become another running list on the side. Colin and I were in Target getting "magic goggles". I'll explain in a minute. As we're looking for the swimming gear we passed by all the balls: footballs, bouncy balls, baseballs, softballs, soccer balls, kick balls, etc. Colin asks, "Mom, can I have a ball?" I answer, "NO. Dude, you already have more balls than I know what to do with." .....Lord have mercy.

Okay, magic goggles came about when we went swimming recently. Colin wouldn't have anything to do with putting his head in the water, blowing bubbles, etc. Anything that will enable him to swim or be successful at swimming lessons or help him get over any fear of the water. But the kids we were with had some goggles. Colin put a pair on. All of sudden, Colin was playing in the water like he'd been there his whole life. He blew bubbles, he jumped off the edge over and over and over again until I was letting him go completely under then pulling him up. We attributed his new found courage and skill to the "magic goggles." I kept thinking about Dumbo and the magic feather. So now, we're all set with new goggles, a new kick board and I'm gonna start hunting for a "Mommy and Me" swim class. And you know us by now, I'm certain there will be tales to tell.

I should add that yes, we left with balls. Practice baseballs so JD and Colin could practice without having to shag balls as often. It was a good purchase.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

LOL! I'm sure you will remember that one for a long time.

we just finished that swim class with M and she so loved it. i'm sure C would, too, and he is so much bigger and can jump in and blow bubbles and do all the things big kids can. fun!