Thursday, April 10, 2008

Flirting with Spring

"I think it pisses God off when you walk by the colour purple in a field and don't notice it." --Shug from The Color Purple. Took this picture driving along on Decker Canyon Road.

I love summer. It has always been my favorite time of year. I grew up in the high deserts of NM where the sun is warm, the sky is blue, and summer is beautiful. Never too hot. Therefore, I'm part lizard. Just throw me up on a hot rock and let me lay there and happiness will overcome me. But then I moved to places like Zapata (if you get a chance to go there, pass it up), Las Vegas, and Dallas. It is there I learned there is such a thing as too hot. Fall then became my favorite. Then we moved here. Ah, summer again has my heart. My lizard heritage came back and now just put me in the hot sand on the beach and I'm as happy as I can be. However, this is our first spring in CA and it keeps flirting with me. Sneezes and all, I've come to appreciate God's creation in ways I never could imagine. Everyday l see beauty like this in my backyard. Amazing!

This snail just had a baby. See it, under the flower? In my backyard folks. In my backyard.

3 comments:

Kim and JD said...

Beautiful pictures, I cant wait to come visit !

j-bird said...

I thought it was always spring in CA!!!

Kristi said...

I love winter. But I'm an albino.