Thursday, April 17, 2008

THINK BLUE


Last night we went to the Dodger game with our friends Dann and Julie Gillen. Dann plays drums in one of the church bands on the weekends. He also plays professionally and is amazing. I think he's Colin's future drum teacher. Julie is JD's assistant at work. She takes good care of him and I'm grateful. She also sings on the weekends and has several cool movie credits, a whole other story. They're a great couple, a lot of fun and potential family as Colin and their daughter Sadie are pretty tight at pre-school.

Anyway, the Dodgers had an amazing first inning and then it was pretty much just hanging out after that. They won 8-1 against the Pirates. Fun to get away from the house and have a good time with friends. It was a great game except for the loud mouth behind us that had several choice favorite words. But, you know me, and I don't take crap for long and when he yelled, literally YELLED at the top of his lungs, "G.D. YOU!" to an umpire for a call against the Dodgers that was actually a good call, I turned around and let him know I'd had enough. There were two kids in the row in front of us around 6 and 8 years old. You could tell that their parents were done as well. So I said, in my "I've had enough of you" voice, "Dude, Seriously! There're two little ones right here." After that he quit saying as many choice words but didn't turn his volume down much. Exhausting! It could have gotten ugly but Dann, in a way that only Dann could, ended up endearing them and was high-fiving them and making them laugh and they forgot all about the lady who had just ruined their fun. Way to go Dann. He had mended the fence enough that the girl was even willing to take this picture.

5 comments:

Diane Davis said...

I feel myself getting old because the loud mouths bother me too. And that is coming from a girl with quite a potty mouth.

Andi and Michael said...

Great pic! I love that you stood up to the loudmouth - wouldn't be you otherwise. Love the shirt on you. It's a great color.

hbmom5 said...

What a GREAT pictures of you all!!

Kim and JD said...

How fun, it is nice to get spend some time with just adults. It is a great pic of you, we miss you !

j-bird said...

I hate !*&#@^'n loudmouths at games. I'm glad you didn't take any s#*! from that mother$&*#(@!#. You go girl - you are such a bada**!!!!

; )