Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Whom?


Just opened the mail. It is usually littered with all kinds of undesired crap. I can't help but hug a tree after the mail comes and wish someone would come up with a way to stop the junk from flowing. 99% of all my mail goes in the recycle bin and the other 1% requires 99% of my money. It's depressing to go to the mail box really. But today, the usual stuff was stuffed in the box and a little envelope that I didn't expect nor did I know what was in it. Curious, I opened the package and inside were two note pads with pictures of my son on them along with one of his "Colin sense" phrases. Also, the pictures on the note pads were not ones I had taken. To whom do I owe my thanks? Obviously, whoever you are, you read my blog. You really read it because you know where to find the little nuggets from Colin. And you like to take pictures. I have a few ideas but I know all you people are tricky and clever, and I don't want to assume. So, to whomever I need to thank, Thank YOU! What a wonderful surprise. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful surprise. Today, the 1% of the mail gave me 100% joy! I'm a BIG happy.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Postage Increase

For those of you who still mail your bills in, postage goes up one cent as of May 12. It will cost you .42 to mail a first class letter. 

Monday, May 5, 2008

Kitty Box


Found Tumbleweed in the drawer this morning. He knows he's not allowed on Colin's bed but I think he likes the light in the room because he begs to go in there. I have a very smart cat. He's known how to open cabinets and drawers since kittenhood. I could never figure out how to teach him how to close them. Anyway, he pulled open the drawer, crawled in and took a nap in great light today. I just love my cat. 

Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Will Sing Sing Sing

The kids in the Children's Choirs sang in Big Church this weekend to plug their musical. Colin is part of the "Pint-Size Praisers" that consist of 4 and 5 year olds. The older kids are on the other side of the stage (The "Joy Jammers").  Even though Colin is still 3 he is an honorary member because I'm directing the drama portion of the musical therefore, he's at rehearsal, therefore, he might as well be part of the choir. He does remarkably well for being a 1/2  year younger than the youngest in the choir. I was impressed that he stayed in his place, sang all the words and even added motions. This morning he praised with all his heart as his Daddy led the congregation. My guess is this is the first of many worship times "together" for the father and son. He's the sweetie in the front row middle. It was a moment to remember. Priceless.
video

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Moving Back to Texas

Ha, gotcha for a second didn't I? Seriously, we are moving but just to the Texas Track here in Simi Valley. A set of neighborhoods where all the street names are cities in Texas. I love the irony in the whole thing. We found another rental house that has a golf-course view, big back yard, one more bedroom for less money than we pay now and room enough to bring the storage back so we save some money and still have space in the garage for a vehicle and the work-out stuff. We're excited to move. Sad to leave our little house but appreciate the lessons we've learned here in how to live in a smaller space, how to get rid of stuff you're not using, how to live in such "togetherness" and still like each other, and how to appreciate everything has a place and in its place. It's been a good year but we're excited for a little change. You know my husband, he's always looking at the possibilities and that's how we found this little gem. It had only been on the market for a day and JD snagged it. I'll have him post an entry about the other little gem he's snagged recently. So, for all you who keep up with addresses, I'll send that out via e-mail soon. We'll be here at our current address until about May 24. 

Here's a little fun fact. We'll only be 1.3 miles from the Crumrines when they get here in June. Just a walk across the golf course. Ain't nothin but a thang.

Backyard View