Monday, October 20, 2008

Soaped

It was a beautiful Sunday October afternoon and I was just sittin' on the couch reading "The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle" JD was lying on the couch watching football, Colin was sitting playing with his Game-boy when we all heard a crash. I looked up and JD looked at me and I said, "What was that?" He said, "Sounds like something just fell off the washer." Ummm...you could say that. 
Under the washer, down the door, down the wall, on the ceiling, out into the hallway, on the carpet of the guest room, on the door knob, under the dryer....it didn't end.

What a mess! There was detergent EVERYWHERE!!!! It took me the better part of an hour to clean this up. And are you thinking what I was thinking? I was thinking, "Thank you God the basket was there." 
The salvaged detergent. 

At the price of this stuff, I saved every drop I could. That's probably why it took so long to clean up. UGGG!

9 comments:

VikingMom said...

Reminds me of the time my daughter had the brilliant idea of making a smoothie in the blender without the lid. However, with that one I wasn't inspired to save it. Good job on the save!

Diane Davis said...

it took me a while to get this... since i use free and clear, i think of laundry soap as being void of color. how did it fall? bizarre. at least you now have a clean laundry room. :)

Kristi said...

Oh dear....

And what kind of soap do you use that is so expensive?

Brazenlilly said...

Stop it! That is too funny. Alhtough it would have only been about 1/3 as funny without the pics to prove you weren't exaggerating. Good work.

The Craftypigs said...

It fell during the "spin" cycle. Tide HE because we have a front load washer. On sale, it's about $16. I don't know, for me, that seems expensive.

Kim and JD said...

WOW, that stuff can fly!! I am sure you had a few choice words to say while you were cleaning that up. Yes , you did a great job saving and I love the milk jug idea. At $16.00 a container I would have sucked it off the floor with a straw and spit it back in the jug :)

Heidi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry... that stuff is nasty to clean up; which is kind of ironic since it's soap. It seems to me that soap shouldn't be hard to clean.

Love the milk jug; stroke of brilliance!

Andi and Michael said...

I'm with Kim - I would have sucked it off the floor with a straw to save every last drop as well! Tide is too expensive to waste.

Jenn B said...

Hey, better laudnry detergent than baby poop! :-)