Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Firemen

We have heros among us and they run around in big red trucks, sometimes yellow and save lives and put out fires. Firemen are awesome! That's really all there is to it. The EMTs always have my highest esteem and anyone willing to run into a flame for my safety is nothing but a hero. I admire them. I support them. I get out of their way when they are coming down the street and as they pass I always pray for them and whomever they are racing to save. Racing, knowing they might not make it through the day, but they go anyway. 

But it when the hero takes off his mask and hangs with the kids, they become the most hero-like. Only a human, no different than the rest of us, save their every day bravery, shows a kid how fun it might be to be a fireman someday, how to avoid being caught in a fire, what to do when a fire happens, and what it feels like to hold a fire-hose powerfully alive with water....
"Awesome!"

7 comments:

Breanne said...

That is awesome. I bet her had a great time!

Diane Davis said...

they are also awesome because they are HOT! ;)

Phillips Family said...

Fabulous!

Kim and JD said...

We were just talking about that last night because Tyler was asking what to do if we have a fire. We realized we have never gone over what to do if something should happen, we have no plan. So we told Tyler we would go to the Fire Department this weekend and have them help us and understand what to do.
They are awesome... JD has ALWYAS wanted be one, I have ALWAYS wanted him to not be one... Im selfish! We know a couple adn yes I hold them in high reagrd, they are true heros !

Heidi said...

What a cute picture!

Gloria Furman said...

that really is a great picture! you ought to forward it along to the FD. bet they'd love to post it somewhere.

Kristi said...

I will have to agree with Diane on this one.... of course they have other "Awesome" qualities too! :o)