Monday, September 29, 2008

My Favorite Part

Recently, Colin went with two of his friends to see Sleeping Beauty at El Capitan in Hollywood. He went because I've taught him to love the movies no matter if it's a chick flick or not because there might be something wonderful you otherwise would've missed. And on this trip Carson was going so it couldn't be that bad right? Calliegh was of course our princess for the day. See Andi's blog about that with pics. 

My point of this post was a little conversation with Colin last night on the way to a birthday party.... 

Colin: Mom, remember when we went to see Sleeping Beauty?
Me: Yes. 
Colin: You know what my favorite part was? 
Me: Tell me. 
Colin: I liked the part where that dog had on a pointed hat...

(pause to hear my thinking...I'm thinking about the movie. I don't remember any dogs especially ones with a pointed hat. I can think of the fairies with hats, Maleificent with a pointed hat of sorts but no dogs.....Colin interrupts my thinking and finishes his thought)

Colin: ....you know the one that said, "Eiii Chiwawa" (Little laugh from Colin) That was so funny!

Again I pause to try to figure this out and then it hits me. Colin's favorite part of seeing Sleeping Beauty was the previews for the new Disney movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua.



Can you guess where we'll be on Friday?

7 comments:

Diane Davis said...

that is hysterical. don't shoot me, but i wasn't such a huge fan of Wall-E and liked the trailer clip with the magician and the rabbit the best too...

i just posted on my blog about football and was somehow thinking JD could relate to my topic... let me know. :)

Breanne said...

LOL - that is so funny. I know - I want to go see it too.

The McKays said...

totally hilarious!

Andi and Michael said...

We'll be right there with you sharing in the laughs!

dina said...

Ah, boys. I am reminded of you sitting at my kitchen table years ago having talks and discussions with my then 6 (I think) year old son, turning to JD and saying, "I want one." And there you have it! All that great boy wisdom at your fingertips.

PS Just so you know, they just get better and better.

PPS That dog movie looks so very stupid. To me.

Brazenlilly said...

I cannot WAIT to read your movie review of Beverly Hills Chihuahua! No pressure or anything, but my entire perception and opinion of you KINDA rests on that. ;)

j-bird said...

I am so glad it is YOU and not me that has to go to that dog movie....