Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Legoland


Colin has asked me several times in the last year, "Have I ever been to Legoland?" I find that funny but I think even now he realizes that we humans forget stuff. He's knows his Mommy does. So I tell him, "No, you've not been but we will go soon. Promise!" So as promised, we took him for his fourth birthday. Seemed like a perfect present. I think he agreed.

So when we got there, I expected stuff to be made of legos of course but I had no idea the detail and replica that would take place. As a kid there's a window from about 3 to 9 of enjoyment and fatasticness that will soon fade after 9 but as an adult, I could've looked at the statues, I guess you call them, for hours. JD and I were both disappointed we didn't have more time in "Miniland" where they've built New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and more. So, if you're past age 9 and you're curious, it's worth the bucks to go and marvel at the ability to create such things with little plastic bricks. The three roller coasters aren't bad either if you're in the mindset of a 5 year old. Even if you've never played with legos in your whole life, you'll be amazed and possibly even enticed to sit and build something.




You can't imagine the details from these pictures but truly, don't you think this looks just like Harrison? This is not made from clay or stone...we're talking little legos here. Amazing. 

3 comments:

Jenn B said...

Hope you all had a great day celebrating Colin's fourth birthday! :-)

Kim and JD said...

Tyler really wanted to do Legoland when we were there, we just didnt think we could fit it in. I am glad someone has been there now and we know it is worth it. He is obsessed with Legos, he will be in heaven. Maybe next year :)

Kristi said...

I am very sad I forgot Colin's Bday. I have lost it. But I'm glad you had a good time at Legoland.