Thursday, September 4, 2008

Journey to the Center of Earth 3-D

STRONG / WEAK IN A WAY
Colin talked me into going to a movie this afternoon. Just twisted my arm, let me tell you...not. We played movie roulette: where you go to the first movie starting that you haven't seen yet. I wasn't even sure there would be a movie available for Colin to see but I promised we would try. Sure enough, Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D was playing in 20 minutes. Great!

Got our glasses, and treats and found a seat. BTW, on a Thursday afternoon before school gets out, there ain't NOBODY at the movies. 

So, after the movie, I gave it a strong/weak in a way. They did great keeping the unnecessary language out - can't remember any as a matter of fact. Did a good job with the 3-D stuff. Very cool special effects. Story moved along and all had fun. It's weakness was supporting actors to the lead three and the story itself but overall, I think it accomplished what it was designed to do. Colin loved it. 

I decided to go ahead and give you my thoughts if I see a movie instead of just posting the rating. You'll find the description of the ratings on the side. This way, everyone can give their thoughts if they've seen the movie or read the book. Seems like more fun that way for everyone. 

3 comments:

Kim and JD said...

Answer to your comment on mine... I hung out with my mom today while Tan was in school, so I wasnt exactly FREE !! :)
I got my pictures to do that by picking NONE for the placement of the pictures, it is the first choice( right below where you download them) Then you can move them around :)
I am glad to hear about this movie I want to take Tyler to see it soon.

Andi and Michael said...

Wasn't Colin in school today or did I miss that? We went to Golden Spoon for an after school treat and I almost called you but remembered that you would be free of your child and wandering happily throughout Simi in freedom. :-)

Jenn B said...

OK - I'm SO glad that you put the meanings behind your rating system because I was just not smart enought to figure them out before!!! It makes so much sense to me now!