Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Spring Forward Rule

Years ago my husband installed a new rule at our house on Spring Forward Time Change Weekend. My husband goes to work on Sunday mornings. He's a Worship Arts Pastor. This is a big deal to get up early, much less one hour earlier than he's used to. He doesn't like time change weekend in the spring. Honestly, who does. 

Anyway, three maybe four years ago, I changed our clocks. Then I forgot I had changed our clocks and I changed our bedroom clock again. Yep, the poor man got up TWO hours earlier than normal. And I think that on that particular weekend it might even have been Easter which means there might have been an "early" service!  But whatever the circumstances I remember my husband very very very unhappy with me that he got up at 3AM by normal standards, by the new time 4AM, but he really could've slept one more hour which meant he would've got up at 5AM, which is what our bedroom clock now read. Something like that. Either way, my name was mud for a long time. 

The Rule? JD either sets the clocks himself or we set them together. Can you blame him? I don't. 

We also have two clocks now in our bed/bath. One digital (easy to screw up) and one that runs on battery that's a face clock. Much more difficult to screw up. This way there's a check and balance for me and him. 

I still feel bad. Every year I'm reminded. Sorry husband. 

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That totally sounds like an I Love Lucy episode. Hey, at least you made him early instead of late! It could have been worse. :)

Kristi said...

Would this have been the same year you FORGOT HOW OLD YOU WERE??? And got to celebrate the same thirty-something birthday 2 years in a row!!!

Jennifer and Michael said...

Well, this year was the first year that I have ever forgotten to change my clocks, despite all the reminders to do so. So, needless to say, I got to church at 10:20, thinking it was 9:20, met with the children's pastor to talk about Isabella's baptism. When I was done, I knew I was late, so I walked into the church thinking I had just missed the music. Imagine my surprise when I actually only caught the last 5 minutes of the sermon and the invitation. I guess it was a good thing that I off this weekend from the praise team. It was definitely a blonde moment for me.

Unknown said...

And don't forget the time your old clock that you you'd had forever (that slowly gained time)gained like 2 hours in one night and he got up super early. Then when he got to the kitchen he found out what time it really was:)