Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Hard Spot

Colin came to me at the playground this morning after he had been playing football in the grassy area with the other boys. He comes over to me with his butt poking out a little and he's got ahold of one side of his pants. He says, "Mom, you shouldn't have bought these pants." I ask, "Why not?" knowing he's worn them over and over and never had a complaint thus far. He says, "Because they have a hard spot here." pointing to his clutched back pocket. I reach down and feel around for this "hard spot" and feel where the carpenter pocket connects to the back pocket thinking that maybe this is what he's talking about and then I feel it. Sure enough, there is a hard spot. I reach in his pocket and find a rock. Pulling it out, I said, "Is this the hard spot you're talking about?" He feels his pants again and with great satisfaction runs off saying, "Yeah!" I holler, "Where did the rock come from?" He hollers back, "I found it!" 

BOYS!

3 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

HA! I swear, they never cease to amaze, thrill, frustrate and confuse me. Oh, and don't forget entertain. I love that again, it was your fault for buying the pants. Hee!

Kristi said...

fyoosh...I didn't know where this blog was going...jeans...hard spot...boy....glad to know it was just a rock.

Andi and Michael said...

That's funny!