Tuesday, March 17, 2009

# 4


From the bathtub: "Mom, find my other black spiderman." (the latest crap from McDs)
"I don't know where it is. "
"Go look for it."
"Where?"
"Look in these places:
Number one, on the desk
Number two, on the table
Number three, under the piano
And number four, find it!"

wanted to say, go find your own damn spiderman. I go look in the places instructed. I find nothing and decide that was funny and start a blog post about it.

from the bathtub: 
"Mom, did you find it?" 
"No"
"Did you look in all the spots?"
"Yes"
"It's not there?"
"No."
"Then you need rule number 5." (now we've gone from places to rules)
"Where?"
"Come here to me. I can't tell you rule number 5 if you're in there."
I go
"Yes?"
"Rule number 5 is to look in the kitchen, by the desk, go straight, then at the other desk, on the right side. "
"Okay."
"MOM!" 
"What?"
"If you don't find it there come back and I'll keep giving you clues until you find it. "

The child has all the spiderman creatures in the bathtub except the one we're hunting for. And we....well we obviously don't know where the hell it is. And one of us doesn't care. 

He sends me to the car to look for it there. I go. I know! He's in the tub but I go. I look. I fail. I return. He gives me  a "whatever" sigh and says, "Can I get out now?" 
"You betcha." 

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You are a patient woman!

And Colin sounds so cute I can't even stand it.

JD said...

Where on earth does he get this stuff.... hmmm.... I wonder.

Jennifer and Michael said...

McDonalds toys may be crap, but they do make GREAT bathtub toys. That's pretty much where all of our McD's toys end up because it doesn't matter if they get rusted.

Isn't amazing the lengths that we will go for our children? I have been on many a wild goose chase for my little ones.

Kim and JD said...

To quote Colin " That was so much funny" LOL

Kristi said...

Is JD saying that he also makes you look for "his spiderman" while he's in the tub?