Tuesday, March 4, 2008

On the Pass

I'm gonna start a reoccurring entry about the weird stuff we see going up and down the pass. Santa Susanna Pass is a very curvy, mostly 2 lane, road that goes over and around the mountain. I'm not sure if it's a short cut or not but it does keep you off the interstate if you want. There are a lot of bicyclers on it working hard to get up and hanging on to get down. It is always a stunning view and I enjoy the drive most days. Then there are other days that truly, I do a double take and wonder who or what and when did that happen. I'm sure JD can add to this since he travels it 6 days a week, 2 times a day where I'm just on it 4 days a week, 2-4 times a day. This morning on the way to school Colin and I drove by a car, white, nice little car with no wheels. Set up on blocks on the side of the road. On the way back down the mountain after dropping Colin off, I saw a policeman with the car calling in what I assumed to be a 10-28 (registration request) or 11-24 (abandoned vehicle) or 11-96 (checking suspicious vehicle) or maybe even a 211 (robbery).... [you can find ANYTHING on the internet]. Then this afternoon on my pick-up run for Colin the car was still there only this time is was loaded on a tow truck with all new wheels. There was a guy (owner?) shaking hands with another in another car with an extra tire just like the 4 on the car. One can only assume that it broke down last night, had to be abandoned and over night someone stripped its wheels, they guy had to buy new wheels and then get it towed to a shop for repair. Just a guess. Wished three different times for a picture. From now on, gonna carry my camera. Maybe I'll upgrade my phone to one that has a camera. Sometimes, it's just too odd not to share.

4 comments:

Rick said...

That's what you would call, "Having a bad day."

The road sounds like the kind of road that my wife would hate - car sickness issues. We have them ALL over the place out here, and we've had to stop for a "deposit" many times.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Andi and Michael said...

enjoy the ride, girl, but make sure you take your camera next time :-)

Jenn B said...

Did you see it today?!? A car on it's side right by church. I went the other way - which is rare, so I didn't get to rubberneck at all!

Kim and JD said...

Ok, I am going to have see a picture of this famous Pass !!