Friday, November 21, 2008

Time Slippin'

I can't believe it was election day that I posted last. It was election day that I read anyone's blog last too. Time slipped away friends. But I've been a little busy. 

I got my first "teacher's cold" that turned into a serious cough, that turned into a sinus infection that just today, I can finally feel my lungs normal again. Then I gave it to Colin who went through his typical Nebulizer treatments, Inhalers, Antibiotics, and trips to the Dr. Since that little cold, I've been wiping my room, the chairs, the door handles, the table tops with Clorox Bleach cleaner every day. I'll be damned if I get this crap again from one of those little cuties with cooties. 

Also, a new job, I don't care what it is, is hard work. The previous teacher left me nothing! So I've been writing curriculum, making copies, shopping for manipulatives, building bulletin boards, creating a creative, educational, helpful room, and pulling stuff out of my ass for these guys every day, while looking like I know exactly what I'm doing and making it look easy. Luckily, I have a fantastic boss and good teacher friends and Andi around me who will not let me fail but instead are a constant source of help and encouragement. It also helps to have a 4 1/2 year old at home so I know exactly what these little guys are into, what they can do, what they should be doing, what they shouldn't be doing. Colin has been a remedial Masters Course in teaching Pre-Kindergarten for me lately. You gotta love God's providence in this one. 

So, forgive the absence. I'll be back. We're leaving for New Mexico to go spend Thanksgiving with my family. We're driving. We'll be back next weekend. Looking forward to the break. So, I'll be posting again in December. I'm also gonna go back and read all your posts for November.... I've missed you guys!

8 comments:

Andi and Michael said...

And we have missed you, friend! Can't wait to read more of your creative writings. Have a safe and very relaxing time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving!

Brad and Tammy said...

Girl, I have been going at it for 13 years and it is, I'm afraid, still hard work. But even with all the hard work, it is very rewarding!

Diane Davis said...

i have been thinking of you lately and hoping all is well... i too have missed the blog posts and will be glad when you start to figure out your priorities and are back to US on a more regular basis. ;) Sorry for the sicknesses, the teaching sounds both exhausting and fun, and enjoy your holiday!

Heidi said...

Glad to hear that you're on the mend; looking forward to your return to the blogosphere - you've been missed. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim and JD said...

I knew you were busy with those cuties with cooties... love that!!
We had a 1st grader throw up in class last weekend, so I had to quickly remove all children and germ x everyone and lysol everything!! YUCK :-(
You are right about the new job, hard work !
I have good days and not so good days, but when I remember why I do it, it brings a smile to my face.
Have fun with the fam and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Cant wait to see you in December.

Jennifer and Michael said...

I am so glad you are back. I have missed reading your stories. It make me feel closer to you when I can read about your life every now and then. I am glad you are finding your way. Have a great Thanksgiving and be careful.

Kristi said...

It is a very strange day indeed when JD is blogging more than you. I have been worried.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving get away....

Let's get together when you come home.

I'm shopping for your Christmas ornament...

Love u.
KT

Phillips Family said...

AHHHHH the teacher cold...it's inevitable. It's bound to happen at least a couple more times, and you'll be immune to every booger possible.