Saturday, November 29, 2008

1635 Miles

We just pulled into the driveway from a very long road trip. The time in the middle with my family was a great time. We're glad to be home. Driving 1635 miles is not an easy drive for the driver or the rider and I think Colin summed it up beautifully in-between Kingman and Barstow (the absolutely most brutal portion of the trip - ain't NOTHIN' out the window.) You have to say this with a little whine in your voice. 

"Mom, I'm done to death." 

Amen, amen. I didn't have the heart to tell him we still had 250 miles to go. I just agreed completely! Done to death. Can you get anymore done that that? 


9 comments:

Heidi said...

That's going to be a favorite phrase of mine - I can tell already!

Andi and Michael said...

So glad you are home!

I have to agree with Heidi - that will now be one of our favorite phrases. I am done to death!

VikingMom said...

Yeah, I've done that drive many a time...and I agree you're "Done to death" by that time.

Diane Davis said...

love that phrase! we drove from oakland to orange county and it took us three hours to drive what normally takes 45 minutes on the way out of town... i was done to death before we even started! but i'm glad to report we made it home with NO traffic.

MORE BLOGGING!

d

Kristi said...

i'm done to death of waiting to hear from you.

Diane Davis said...

I'm done to death of checking your blog to find nothing new.

Diane Davis said...

um, how come your blog talks about a road trip and your husbands talks about flying home from thanksgiving? yes, i'm cross referencing blogs and something isn't adding up....

Kim and JD said...

All I can say is AMEN, I love it and its my new phrase. Lots going on, will have to catch you up soon!! I am sure Andi will catch you up before I can.

The McKays said...

yeah, definitely a new favorite "colin sense" of mine. :)