Sunday, January 20, 2008

Reduce Noise

WITH NOISE
WITHOUT NOISE

Welcome to iLife '08! My sweet husband got me a red iPod nano for Christmas. I was so happy. I was also expecting it. I had been coaching Colin for months. "Colin, what does Mommy want for Christmas?" "A red iPod." I asked this question in front of everyone we knew, in front of JD, JD's parents, JD's assistant. There was no way he could've missed it. Good job Husband!

So, I get so excited to load my new iPod and become part of the iPod bubble community. People respect the bubble. Have you noticed that? And, as one of my friends has taught me, to let people know they can enter your bubble, you take one ear pod out. Good to know the etiquette. Anyway, the current Mac OS wouldn't let me do anything with my iPod. So, oh darn, we had to upgrade to the Leopard version of Mac OS and while we were at it, let's go ahead and get iLife '08.

So, my new favorite thing other than having my iPod is learning all the cool stuff you can do with iPhoto. Calendars, cards, books and more. Organization tools and more efficiency techniques of which I'm all about. But my favorite part is the editing tools. There's a button you can use to adjust the "noise" of the picture. Did you know pictures made noise? Me either but oh, they do! And by the way, the older you get, the more noise you make in a photograph. So, while I've been organizing my pictures I've been reducing the noise I make. All of sudden, like magic, I feel better about myself. See example. I took ten years off of JD and I and made us a lot quieter than we actually are. Amazing. By the way, if the picture is still screaming at you, be nice. I don't want to hear any of your noise about my noise.

So this, "reduce noise" idea got me thinking a little about myself, my words, my life. I started to wonder how much noise I make. I'm not talking about sounds or conversation or constructive words of advice, or love, but just unnecessary, loud, worthless, "old" noise. I wonder if God wishes for a "reduce noise" button on my life. I wonder if the older I get the more noise I make. I wonder if he just would like me to listen. Sort of like getting in the iPod bubble. A place you listen. A place you tune out the outside noise so you can focus on what you really want to hear. I wonder if there's such a thing as a GodPod bubble. A place you listen. A place you reduce noise. A place others can enter if you keep one ear open to the world and one tuned into your GodPod.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

i think you are beautiful in both pictures....and thanks for the thoughts.

Rachel Maples said...

Too funny, I always say Matt and I will never age in photos! I'm always making our skin perfect & beautiful

Kim and JD said...

Can I send you all of my photos? :) There is A LOT of noise in mine! I also agree with Kristi... you are beautiful in both. Love ya !!