Tuesday, January 22, 2008

At the Movies

Kristi rated a movie recently on her blog using the Cunningham rating system. I thought, what a great idea. I love the movies. I'll give anything a chance. At least twice a month sometimes more, I'll go to the movies while Colin is in school. Been there a lot lately as Oscars are around the corner. So, I thought I would add my review to any movie I see. You don't have to care but if you do, I thought I would explain the rating system.

A movie will fall into one of four categories.
1. Strong, Weak in NO Way - this is a rating for an outstanding film. Perfect in every way for its genre. This is not an easily given rating.
2. Strong, Weak in A Way - this is a good film but something was lacking. It just didn't quite do a perfect job but was still a great movie, and can be highly recommended.
3. Weak, Strong in A way - this a still an okay film but would usually be a rental. Hard to swallow the price you might have just paid at the movie for this film. Unfortunately, a LOT of films will fall into this category.
4. Weak, Strong in NO Way - this is a crap film. A complete waste of time. Everything done poorly. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth kind of film.

Now, understand that my idea of S/W in No way is obviously objective and you take it or leave it. But it's a good system. You'll find my reviews on the side with a simple rating. No commentary. However, if you want a commentary, I'll be glad to give you that through e-mail.

Go to the movie! And you can adopt the rating system if you want.

4 comments:

The McKays said...

great system. me likey.

ok, now rate a movie for us! i was looking for an example, and was summarily dissapointed. :)

The McKays said...

damn the man, i just saw the on the right. tell me though, was that there when you did this post in the first place? if so, then i'm loosing my mind.

The McKays said...

look at me go! i'm intrigued by your ST rating...do elaborate. i read "P.S. I Love You" and found it so poorly written I had to will myself to finish it (seriously). Interesting that the movie might have followed the same lines.

and my 2nd comment should have read: "I just saw them on the right." ugh. it's late.

chantyiam said...

Recently saw two Weak Strong in a Way flicks - PS I love you and Over Her Dead Body. both just eh - but I expected as much so I was neither disappointed nor impressed. HOWEVER I DID LOVE LOVE LOVE JUNO STRONG WEAK IN NO WAY ... ALL THE WAY! Loved it. Mariah and I went and actually drug Mom along too. She liked it. We all did. I don't know if I'm just easily entertained, but I totally didn't figure out the ending till it happened either, and that was wonderful. So thanks for the recomendation Sis!