Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lemons are in season


We have a little lemon tree in the back yard. I just picked that last of them this morning. The scent is outstanding and wonderful. The taste, sweeter than you can imagine. Yes, lemons are actually simi sweet when picked at just the right time. Perfect in a glass of water, a pint of Hefeweizen, or a centerpiece. LIfe is beautiful. In CA, life with lemons is sweeter. Wish I could bottle this up and send it your way but then it wouldn't be the same would it? Must visit I guess.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

yum...i want one in a glass of water...i'd love to sit at a table with you and share one.

Kim and JD said...

I would love to visit you, sit on your wonderful little back porch and share an ice cold Hefeweizen.
The mere mention of it makes me smile. Soon my dearest Ya, soon !!
Miss you !