Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Daddy will never....

So I'm always telling Colin that I have eyes in the back of my head. He thinks I'm crazy but has enough curiosity and evidence of my "eyes" that he doesn't down right defy them. 

One day my boss told Colin, "Your mom has eyes in the back of her head. Don't you know that?" You should've seen the look on his face. Since then, my eyes, have even more intrigue to him. (Thanks Mia)

Today we're shopping in a store. Colin says, "Mom, kids have eyes in the side of their heads."
I said, "No buddy. Kids just have two eyes. You have to be a grown up to have extra eyes in your head. And even more than that, you have to be a MOM!" 

pause / thinking

"Daddy will never be a Mom." 

I couldn't have said it better if I tried. 

4 comments:

Jennifer and Michael said...

I used to tell Micah that when he was smaller. One day we were sitting watching tv, I was on the floor and he was on the chair behind me. I was fiddling with my hair, which he and Bella typically do when they sit with me. AFter a few minutes Micah says, "Mom, you lied! You don't have eyes in the back of your head." He had been looking around in the back of my head for my eyes. How do you argue with that?

Vernon Crumrine said...

Hi there...

Haven't had time until recently to really read blogs and stuff, but I wanted to tell you I really like yours. You are a very good writer.

Now that I "have no job", I find I finally do have a lot of time to wander around a bit on the internet. So to drum up some interest (and maybe a little business, too) I'm now on Facebook, MySpace, etc., etc.

Like anything else, getting started as a "real" writer takes time. But it sure is a lot of fun.

Thanks, by the way, for reading "bubblin/ticket". I have a lot more I'm doing elsewhere, and if you are interested, you should be able to find it on Facebook, etc.

Thanks again-

Andi and Michael said...

Only mommies can have eyes in the back of their heads. It's one of the nice things about being a mom.

Heidi said...

I truly love the way his little mind works!