Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To Face or Not To Face?

So, I have these friends who do this thing called Face Book. Yeah, I know, it's most of you people. I have many of you friends who wonder what's with Celeste and that she doesn't Face? Honestly, I'm literally afraid of it. I'm so afraid of it, I haven't even ventured out to see what's involved. 

I hear things like this: 
So, this person, whom I've not heard from in 25 years found me on Face Book!
So and so, friended me on Face Book (said with disgust)
I spent 3 hours on Face Book yesterday
I haven't caught up on Face Book in ages
Why aren't you on Face Book
I tried to find you on Face Book
I tried to friend you on Face Book
You find all kinds of people on Face Book (I don't want to find people)
It keeps you in touch with everyone!

UGGGG - I don't want people "finding" me! What if I don't want to be found?!

The truth is, I like being a missing person. But when my oldest friend told me she knows more about my sister than me because of Face Book I was a little peeved and somewhat jealous and now I'm thinking that maybe Face isn't so bad and I was wondering what you guys think.....

Also, keeping up with the blog is hard enough, who has time for Facing!? 

I'm feeling like it's going to be a slap in the face - no really!

9 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

It's a double-edged sword, for sure. All of those things you have heard are true. It can be really fun catching up and knowing more about people you've lost contact with, and also annoying (getting sucked in to spending more time than you intended and also being "found" by people you have no desire to reconnect with). But ultimately, you have the power to decide who you become "friends" with, and whether or not they can see all your info. Also, you have the power to decide to blow us all off and not join at all. ;)

Unknown said...

I think you should join! You can put lots of pictures and videos up!You can let people know what you're doing (or not). You can live chat with people who are on facebook at the same time as you. And, like you're friend said, you can keep up with people. C'mon eveybody's doing it...lol. Plus, not that you care, you'd be very hip and cool:)

Brad and Tammy said...

I dont Face and I dont MySpace either. What's the big deal? I don't get it.

Kristi said...

If you had facebook, then EVERYONE would have known to write on your facebook page - HAPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! That is one of the fun things about it. :o)

With that being said...facebook has been a nice way to update the world about my thrilling life in a way that takes less time than blogging.

So come join the fun my friend...

Think of all the "fun" people you'll have a chance to be friends with. hehehe.

Kim and JD said...

So sorry I missed your Birthday. I cant seem to even remember to brush my teeth sometimes.I am so busy- I know you know, man its hard to work and take care of a family! Hope you had a great one, miss you !

Kim and JD said...

FYI- Facebook- there are pros and cons. People use it for passive agressive negativity directed at people and you will have all kinds of people reading everything you say and do. BUT- you will reconnect with old GOOD friends, that you probably thought you would never see again. I have some old ghosts that I hope dont resurface- IF They do I will simply click ignore on their friend request. Beauty is they never know it doesnt inform them that you"ignored "them. I recently even removed a few "friends" because I didnt feel that they were "friends" and they arent informed either. I actually love it, it somehow makes me feel connected to the outside world since I dont have much time to see or talk to anyone. Anyway- stick your toe in, try it out. Its fun :)

Heidi said...

So Happy Birthday!

I joined Facebook a while ago. At first I didn't get it - I actually thought it was pretty lame.

But now I'm addicted.

I love it. Hope to see you on it soon!

chantyiam said...

I told ''friend to remain nameless'' that Facebook wasn't for you. And I predicted you'd say exactly what you did about it. Facebook is like a great big virtual class reunion with every one from the whole town of B-town EVER! It's crazy.SO not you.It is fun to catch up with SOME people, but I am voting against it, for purely selfish reasons...You have no time for that nonsense, you have to keep up the Blog!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG. It's unique and wonderful and funny and informative and all those you love keep up with you here anyway! Just say NO TO FB! ;)Love you!

Jenn B said...

Stay true to you and stay off of FB! I have people try and use it like e-mail and then I don't get their message because I only check it once a week - if that! Boo! I do not like that and it will drive you crazy. Stick to the blog - it's soooo much better!