Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Clean Slate

I love when the new year begins. It's a clean slate. Everything is new. You haven't screwed up yet. You haven't eaten too much yet. You haven't told any major lies. You haven't done serious damage....yet. You have a once a year opportunity to start a new again and everyone is on your side if not in the same boat even. 

So, here I am, going to resolve to blog once a week no matter how tired I am after being extremely busy teaching a bunch of little kids how to read and write and count beyond twenty. I will figure out what day is best for blogging but I miss it and it seems my mind does too. 

So, today, while on a bunch of errands with Colin, we get back in the car. I get a wet wipe and clean my hands. I ask Colin if he would like to clean his hands. Here's the conversation...

Me: Hey, Colin, you want to wipe off your hands?
Colin: No, I'm fine. 
Me: But your hands are dirty now because you've been in three different stores and touched everything in your path. 
Colin: No. I'm good. 
Me: Well, not me. My hands were dirty and I wanted them clean so I don't get sick. 
Colin: Sick?
Me: Yeah. Your hands are full of germs and if you don't clean them, the germs will make you sick. 
Colin: ....processing.... Okay. I'll wash them. 
I hand him the wet wipe I used. Still wet and full of soap. 
Colin: Did you use this already? slightly disgusted
Me: Yeah. But it's still good.
Colin: But if you already used it, then it has your germs on it and I'm gonna get your germs.
Me: scrambling.... Yeah, but that wipe has a disinfectant in it and my germs are already dead. 
Colin: Here mom. Hands me the wipe with two fingers and a little look of "whatever" on his face. 

Okay, we'll it's already Jan 3....so my clean slate is a little mussed. Really. What did you expect? 


8 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute!

Very nice to see you blogging again. :)

Kristi said...

WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!! I think yours is the best new years resolution I've heard. I miss your stories. I MISS YOU!!!

Diane Davis said...

i completely support your new years resolution.

Jennifer and Michael said...

Ditto all the above comments. I have missed reading your blog. In some kind of sad and sick way, it makes me feel close to you even though we are way too far away. BTW, I missed seeing you on New Year's. I hope to see you soon.

Andi and Michael said...

Do you blame him for wanting a clean wipe?

Glad to see you back on the blog. Can't wait to read more of your adventures.

Brazenlilly said...

Hooray! Yes, please. More cratfypig stories. Perhaps even how you came up with the name Craftypigs.

Kim and JD said...

Glad to see you bcak in the Blogging world. We missed you on New Years Eve, hope yall had a great visit with Granny and Pop.

Kristi said...

i don't want you to break your resolution...so i'm just saying, it's time for a post. stat.