Saturday, May 3, 2008

Moving Back to Texas

Ha, gotcha for a second didn't I? Seriously, we are moving but just to the Texas Track here in Simi Valley. A set of neighborhoods where all the street names are cities in Texas. I love the irony in the whole thing. We found another rental house that has a golf-course view, big back yard, one more bedroom for less money than we pay now and room enough to bring the storage back so we save some money and still have space in the garage for a vehicle and the work-out stuff. We're excited to move. Sad to leave our little house but appreciate the lessons we've learned here in how to live in a smaller space, how to get rid of stuff you're not using, how to live in such "togetherness" and still like each other, and how to appreciate everything has a place and in its place. It's been a good year but we're excited for a little change. You know my husband, he's always looking at the possibilities and that's how we found this little gem. It had only been on the market for a day and JD snagged it. I'll have him post an entry about the other little gem he's snagged recently. So, for all you who keep up with addresses, I'll send that out via e-mail soon. We'll be here at our current address until about May 24. 

Here's a little fun fact. We'll only be 1.3 miles from the Crumrines when they get here in June. Just a walk across the golf course. Ain't nothin but a thang.

Backyard View

4 comments:

j-bird said...

Geek squad, Apple guru, Audioholic, etc.... Can't wait to get there and help smooth out the technical transition to the new place. And to put dibs on my room.....

Rachel Maples said...

what a cruel title...sounds awesome though! That's fun that you'll just be a short walk from andi....lucky her.

Andi and Michael said...

Love the view! Can't wait to hang in the backyard with you and walk to the bookstore, and walk to get a coffee, and walk to see a movie, and walk just to get some steps in, and just hang :-)

Kim and JD said...

I agree with Rachel about the title. Although, I have to say at this point I would not be happy about that. You have the be there with the other Crumrine's, you promised me you would take care of them for me ! :) I couldn't think of anyone better I would want living a mile from our family, than the Cunningham's.