Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tough

While giving Colin a bath tonight I noticed a little bruise on his back. Who knows? Didn't get a bath last night. It looks over a day old. So I asked while pressing on the bruise slightly (why do we do that?) and asked: 

Me: Where did you get that bruise?
Colin: (flenching) Don't know. 
Me: On the playground probably. 
Colin: Yeah probably. 
Me: You're so tough. 
Colin: Tougher than you. 
Me: stunned silence
Colin: You're so like... NOT tough. (smile)

Then later I was retelling this to JD and Colin was listening. Then he added. "Cuz she never cries."  I guess you are really tough if you cry.  I suppose he's right. And the truth is, I do cry, just not very often. I guess that makes me, what was it? Oh yeah, NOT tough. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh I think you're probably pretty tough...

The whole "you're only tough if you cry" is more of a male thing anyway, right?

You're a Mom.

That automatically makes you tougher than most people.