Saturday, December 1, 2007

Raise Up Holy Hands


It's really great when your kid can say their abc's or count to 20 or even 100, or learn songs from the Veggie Tracks and Sesame Street, Little Einsteins, or Mickey Mouse Club House. You feel proud and you know they can learn and you think their cute when they repeat them on command for an audience of family and friends. But there is no pride in your child like that of when from the back seat he sings words to songs like Raise Up Holy Hands, At the Cross, Majesty, and others. Colin is a born Worshiper. He gets it. He gets it better than most adults. He is an example to the adults at Peak Praise as we learn to humbly approach the Throne of God and raise our hands. It could also be that he just loves to see his Daddy sing and play. And he doesn't always get the words exactly right. For example he thought a chorus went like this: at the cross you beckon me, draw me gently to my knees, and I am lost for words, so lost in love, my wrist is broken, I need some mustard. ...Yeah, definite born worship leader because now when I hear that worship song I sing about mustard on my broken wrist. Who knew?

3 comments:

The McKays said...

kids say/think the funniest things! i hope you are writing all his down. i love this picture; a beautiful example of having that child-like approach to our Father.

Rachel Maples said...

that is so awesome and too freaking cute, but hey that's Colin he's always been too cute for his own good! Can't wait to watch him lead worship some day!

Andi and Michael said...

He'll be drummin' for the Lord :-)