Thursday, August 30, 2007

Spiderman 3


Colin has been telling me and anyone else who cared to or dared to ask, "My birthday is Spiderman". And before any of you question my ability to filter good from bad, my child has never even seen a Spiderman cartoon much less a movie. I don't know how he knows that Spiderman is cool, is a hero, or is something that you can plan a party around but he does. He's a boy. He knows. So, being a good mom I wasn't going to let down his expectation of a Spiderman birthday. However, you know that I'm also a closet "slacker mom" and I'm not going to rent a Spiderman actor for the party I don't care how close to Hollywood we are. What I did do was rent a Spiderman bounce house that included a slide. Needless to say, it took up the ENTIRE back yard. The cool thing about that was when it went away we said, "wow, look how big the yard is now." I digress. We bought the Spiderman plates, cups, napkins, etc. from Party City. Luckily, they were all 50% off. When I saw that, I thought my son was brilliant for wanting Spiderman. He did have a small moment of stupidity as he suddenly stopped when he saw Dora and said, "hey this is cool." I sternly said, "Keep moving buddy. Keep movin'." We also ordered the cake with the Spidy action figure and balloons to match the theme. I happend to also sneek a Spiderman action figure into the shopping basket at Target as a gift to top it all off. The action figure is still not wrapped and now, I don't think it's going to have the same "cool" factor it might've at the party. Oh well....slacker mom strikes again.

My son is three. Spiderman came to the party. All is well with the world.

5 comments:

Jennifer and Michael said...

Don't like Dora? I love the picture, Colin looks so happy. You REALLY outdid yourself mom and dad, his face seems to say. I wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you. BTW, Colin has a "gift" on the way. It's not much, and I know he doesn't remember us, but we wanted him and you guys to know that we remembered, you all are loved, and we miss you bunches.

The McKays said...

sounds like a blast; colin is getting so big, i can't get over it. it seems like just the other month when jeff was introducing you and JD to the church and you were holding 4-month old baby. i can distinctly remember that. anyway. you are a great mama!

Rachel Maples said...

Happy Birthday Colin!!! Matt and I bought something a while back but I haven't braved the post office in a while. They are a very unfriendly place here and honestly I might even wait until we go to Texas in Sept. to mail it....but hopefully Colin with think it's cool that he's still getting birthday presents a month later!!! here's hoping! love you guys so much! R

Kim and JD said...

I hate that we couldn't be with all of you for his big celebration. I am so giddy that you stepped into the birthday party world.... see wasnt it fun. I am sure that Colin had a blast and it was all worth it. Hope you are all doing well ! Miss you

Rachel Maples said...

Can you guys send us you cell phone numbers? We got new phones and lost the numbers.
my new email address is matt.maples@uproar-tl.com

Thanks can't wait to see you guys. M