Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hey Mom, the salt is STINGING my owweee!!!


Little note to all you people planning to visit the beach this summer...don't let your kid take a face plant, skin their knee and expect the next day at the beach to be a picnic. Salt stings we've learned. But also, after the initial pain and screaming, it also heals. Colin is just letting me know, as he's trying to play with his friend Lizzie, that he's not liking the stinging part so much. But I just love that my kid spends at least one day a week at the beach every week regardless of whatever "owee" we might be suffering - that includes me too.

4 comments:

Rachel Maples said...

A day at the beach sounds heavenly, we're having a heat wave in NY, figures....but we're excited to check out some of the beach on the island and Long Island this weekend, I'm sure the pale in comparison with California beaches but it's sand and ocean and it will have to do until we can make our way to the West coast. Miss you tons, love you bunches : K :

The McKays said...

highly jealous of your beach boy. wish we could join you for a day of play in the sun and sand!

Jennifer and Michael said...

How fun for you and Colin. I am so glad that you have people to spend the day with-even if I can't be there. Maybe in the spring we'll visit.

Kim and JD said...

thanks for all of the updates.... I am so happy to hear that both of you are getting out and enjoying yourselves. We miss you all very much, Tanner really enjoys seeing the pics of Colin on here !